Thursday, November 15, 2018

Beg. and Int. ASL at Patwin

Hello!

I hope you are having a good week.  Students and I talked briefly about the smoky for a few days!  We are thinking about others who lost their homes.

Two weeks have been so quickly because there were no classes on Nov. 5th and 12th!  So far, basically, we learned how to sign in ASL from written English.

For Example:

English:  Are you feeling sick?
ASL: You feel sick?

English: I love my dogs!
ASL: dogs I/me love!

For more information:

https://www.dummies.com/languages/american-sign-language/how-to-structure-sentences-in-american-sign-language/

We will continue to work on that after Thanksgiving Break.

We also worked on numbers.  They already know how to sign from 0 to 10, but signing from 11 to 20 weren't easy to sign.   You can get an idea.   Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFCXyB6q2nU

Please ask your children to practice numbers with you.  You can play 4 corners with her/him.  It's just a fun and simple game.  

Have a great break!

Teacher Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment