Thursday, November 15, 2018

St James - Int ASL

This week we've been learning Veterans Day vocabulary and Thanksgiving vocabulary. The students learned how to sign honor, respect, memorial, military, army, marines, navy, freedom, America, turkey, pie, celebrate, family, Happy Thanksgiving, etc.

We also learned that one word has multiple ways to sign because the concept is different. For example:

"Mean"
You're being mean to me! 
What does that means?
(One word, multiple meanings=different signs)

"Leave/Left"
Can you leave that on the table?
I'm leaving right now. 
The leaves turned yellow.
He is a left-handed. 
I drove the car to the left. 
(1 word, multiple meanings=different signs)

Other examples that we have covered is "Run" and "Make". 

The students have asked me to do more of those one word =multiple meanings=different signs so if you thought of an English word that has a multiple meanings, please let me know! I need more ideas from you all! 

Teacher Sarah
St James school
 Intermediate ASL


No comments:

Post a Comment